Sunday 5 August 2012

The honeymoon and the happy ever after


You didn’t think I was through now did you? Clearly you do not know me... AT ALL!
So after we leave the reception, me and Mr. Wonderful will wear our leather pant and jackets, fingerless glove and boots then get on a motorbike and take a ride to the coast, that is after we have gotten matching tattoos.

Relax people…I haven’t lost my marbles…yet! I’m kidding. We will fly to the Kenyan coast and check in to a hotel next to a beach (obviously). If the budget allows we might just go outside Kenya; any where with sandy beaches (sand so fine as talcum powder) with breathtaking views of the turquoise ocean- 


don’t really care where as long as am with my soul mate! We wouldn’t pack much seeing as where we are going we wouldn’t need much clothes*wink*. The only thing we will be wearing are smiles, cologne (optional of course, they can be overbearing sometimes), our wedding rings and of course our hearts on our sleeves.lol.

Ok maybe even one or six freakum dresses (remember Beyonce’s song with the same name) you know… to spice things up!

We would frolic in the sand like a couple of kids and go skinny dipping. Maybe even get sand stuck in our toes, backs…everywhere including places where the sun don’t shine and I’m not talking about the mokonyo …tihihihi! If there are hammocks we would lie side by side as he reads me Pablo Neruda’s love poems or any other poem. (I don’t discriminate). Us poets we are one big happy family!

He would tell me how I complete him…
He would tell me how he could be anywhere else but he’d rather be with me…
My beloved would be mine… and his desire would be towards me …

(Ok I stole some of this from the book of Songs of Solomon chapter 7 something; what are you going to do? tweet king Solomon? *hides*

Come back Vicky *slaps self*

I’m thinking a place which looks more like the setting in most Reggae music videos.
(When I was young I always thought that Reggae artists come from a country shaped like a donut with water all over and that’s why all their music videos are normally near the beach. I used to wonder whether they had hotels or stadiums).

We would then order room service and lie next to each other like Shakira does with what’s-his-face in the music video for the song “Gypsy”. (That video kills me every time). They look so sensual and not in a lewd way (at least for the first part of the music video). We would then share our secrets, scars and tattoos!
Maybe I will even do a little strut in the hotel lobby like she does in the video seeing as I would have…wait…

( my kids might read this someday and think their mama has glass heels in the closet and has spent too much time on her back looking at the ceiling*if you know what I mean*).

One thing for sure though I will have this glow on my face which you do not get from a cold shower or having a facial *wink twice*

If we are broke we will check in the Kenyan BnB, as in, bed-and-be-gone. They give you the bed but not the breakfast. They do not have breakfast in the package and check out time is as early as eight because they want to make room for “day scholars” who want to have secret tryst in the hotel.
So I and the husband will go back home and enjoy what life has to offer. We would save up and travel all over the world…

…go up Christ the redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro maybe even get beauty secrets from their fine Brazilian women, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, go up the Eiffle tower in France and eat shokolat (chocolate- my attempt lame attempt at copying the French accent) and drink some fine wine, visit the imposing Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey. Go to Britain and maybe drink some Tanqueray with Idris Elba, that is if his schedule is not so busy. Don’t forget to go to Amsterdam and smoke some cannabis in their cannabis cafes without fear of being caugh( they still have the weed pass, right?). Kruger national park in S.A would be cool to check out. Visit the land of chocolate, clocks and cheese (Switzerland), and we wouldn’t mind getting fat as we would have ways how to burn calories *wink*. Go to Agra, India and see the magnificent Taj Mahal (wish someone would build me one*dreamer much*) See the sky tower in China and the China wall of course. Go Turks and Caicos and maybe try the conch penis they put in shots. Visit Uncle Sam, see the Madison square garden, the Yankee stadium, the holly wood walk of fame, Brooklyn bridge and the statute of liberty, walk on snow and get me a snow globe as a souvenir (tell me the song by Alicia Keys and Jay-Z song has made you curious about New York? that is, you have never been there)etc.

See all those places I see on brochures, National Geographic, movies and read about in books.
If for some reason I don’t get to go I hope my kids get to go so that I can live vicariously through their lives. I will collect postcards to stare at and think of what it’s like to be out there in the world.

Later on we would check ourselves into an old age home when we retire. We would then share vitamins, pain medicine, reading glasses and dentures. He would hold my hand after my hip replacement surgery and I would hold his. We would dance to some Tracy Chapman song to celebrate our new hips.lol. He would be my soul mate till the grim reaper do us apart! We would have our bodies cremated then mixed with concrete, poured into Indian Ocean to encourage coral growth. That is, assuming Pwani doesn’t attain independence from our ostrich government. Alternatively we will have one pickney, if he insists maybe two. We would then build a family home complete with the white picket fence, porch swing n’sh*t. I would sit in the porch and churn award winning novels every year till my last breathe. 

We would have a dog named Bosco and make sure it’s neutered (I mean puppies are so messy). I will have two heifers named Daisy and Sunshine with lots of sheep and chicken.When entering my compound you will be welcomed by a cocktail of the unique animal dung smell (it’s a farmers thing, you will never understand). I would have a vegetable garden in the kitchen with sukuma wiki, carrots, cabbages and tomatoes. I would definitely have a couple of sunflowers in the compound; those flowers do something to me y’all! I will have some trees then hung some wind chimes complete with the “jeff koinange” bench where I would read awesome books. (Bet you didn’t know I have green fingers!) Then we would chase down a chicken every week both for the exercise and to get dinner. I would proudly tell my guests “dinner is served…I killed it myself this morning and oh while cooking me put my feet in it, so you better like it. bon appétit”.

Aaahhh it will be good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment