Saturday 17 March 2012

Dumped for being too hot

I was taking a fart-walk after overindulging in some good food with one of my pals a few days ago in my new neighbourhood. As we were walking we came across this cute young couple, who couldn’t have been more than 20 years old. Am guessing they completed their form four exams last year and waiting to join university. They looked so good together, tickling each other and giggling. Oh, young love! I think this is the age when love is true because they genuinely love each other. They got no money in the bank account or health insurance of their own- nobody wants anything from the other as they actually believe love is enough. I think that’s why love survived during our forefathers’ times as they married young without too many expectations.

Anyway my friend made this comment “ai kwani what did that guy see in her?” Apparently the dude was too hot to have a chiq that looks like that. To me I thought she was okay but my friend didn’t think so. So according to her theory we should each date people in our league in regards to looks. I always thought that if I married a hot dude it would be awesome since he would look good draped in my arms and we would have cute babies together but now am starting to think that maybe that’s not such a good idea.

I have checked various blogs and it seems like my pal’s theory may actually be true. If your lover is very attractive people judge you harshly especially if you are a woman. If you read about the people’s comments on TI’s reality show and his wife Tiny, people really harshly judge Tiny’s looks. They are wondering what rapper T.I. saw in her seeing as according to their standards she ain’t in his league which personally I think is a cruel thing to say.


The same has been said about Trace Ellis Ross and Bu Thiam, Vivica fox and her younger boo among other famous people. It even gets worse when people compare you with your lover’s ex. So not only should you date a guy less hot than you but if he is in your league, then his ex should also not be hotter than you O.o? There was also a certain blog where one made a comment that Will Smith’s ex-wife was way cooler than Jada which I think is very unfair too but who listens to me anymore?smh

My pal also tells me that there are even hot guys who like dating “plain Janes” because they ingia box haraka and make dating easy. They also bend over backwards to please their hot boo so that they are not dumped…really???? I mean if I wasn’t convinced earlier that this theory sucks ass then this comment really scared the hell out of me! Reminds me of Barney in ‘How I met your mother’ who preyed on women with low self esteem (Btw has Ted finally met the ‘mother’? I stopped watching after season 4 when he still hadn’t yet met the mother)

So next time you are in a club trying to holla at some chiq na she gives you sura ya ndimu, it may because you are way out of her league. Yes men! You can be dumped by a chiq for being too hot. The worse thing about all this is that men are not that strict when it comes to picking lovers even if they are considered to be below their league. They always take happiness and love where they can find it even if it means dating a not-so attractive woman which means we have been relegated the duty of doing the dumping when the man is considered too hot for us. Why is dating getting complicated each and every day? What with all these new rules being added to the ever growing dating rules list every time I blink.

But I have one question though, how do I know a guy is way hotter than me? I mean if a woman is hot I can know by looking at her hair, face, figure etc but for a man what do I look for especially since we are not exactly the same in terms of structure. And what happens when a woman suffers from high self esteem like me and you think you are all that and a bag of chips and then some like me. When you suffer from the feeling that you are hot and maybe people around you don’t think so too. Is there like a beautiful-o-meter that can weigh or tell me on a scale if am hot or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment