Friday 23 March 2012

Sam Cooke

I love hip hop very much. I love listening to rap music not only for the beats but for the words too. So the first time i heard about Sam Cooke was in the rap hook by Snoop Dogg in the song 'i can change' in which he collaborated with John legend. I got curious so i looked up on who Sam Cooke was and i stumbled on his song "Change gone come" and i immediately fell in love with him, that is before if found out about his life and tragic death which you can read  here and i thought it was so sad that he had to go that way...sigh!

A lot of people have also done a rendition of this song including Luther Vandross,Al green, Aretha Franklin, Billy Preston, R. Kelly and Lauryn Hill. Of course my favorite rendition is Lauryn Hill's. Sam cooke was not only talented but also fine too check this out. Anyways have a listen to this song then tell me what you think. ta ta

No comments:

Post a Comment