Sunday 15 January 2012

XEO3

Guess what woke me up today? no not my neighbour's clothes hung to close to my window such that i could hear the water drip( yes i slept on the couch..again! still scared of the gecko, i am a woman after all), not my neighbour's next doors kids yelling obscenities (potty mouths.smh), not some ninja outside trying to start his tired car (GET A NEW CAR ASSHOLE!!!). ION Don't you just hate those people who blog about every minute detail of their lives? like what they ate for lunch or about their sex lives or lack thereof or about their bowel movements ..blegh! Glad am not one of those. I woke up craving some good TV series and decided to watch some episodes of GIRLFRIENDS on youtube to entertain my bored self. I can't decide which character i identify with more but am a mixture of Joan and Lynn( please don't ask me how that's even possible).

Sooo anyway i decide to look up on good old (lynn) Persian white's background.


Turns out she has a teenage daughter. who knew! She also happens to be a vocalist and lyricist for an industrial rock band called XE03. Please don't ask me what industrial means..i dunno. I first learnt of rock music while in college so my knowledge is a bit challenged. Personally i like very soft rock like lifehouse,dido, Big daddy weave,Jeremy camp, Francesca Battisteli, natalie grant etc, that which i can hear the words- the screaming and yelling kind of scares me. I listened to a couple of songs by XE03 band and they kinda scared me. The images weren't helping either. This is the same reason why i never finished watching SUCKER PUNCH...the damn scary music in the background. There is something darkish about them. As in beautiful, yet darkish...sort of like Eminem...you want to listen to them, you are drawn to them but you are afraid of them at the same time... you know what i mean (i bet that's what my family and friends say about me behind my back lol).

Enuff talking, have a listen and tell me what you think! ta ta



ps. Am looking for a new church to visit in Nairobi maybe if you could give me referrals i will be grateful. The choir must be awesome, am anal about that! Thank you, that will be all.

2 comments:

  1. you were right this band is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the imagery does not help either. But it is art...you gotta respect art.lol

    ReplyDelete