Sunday 7 October 2012

making lemonades and positive reinforcement bull!

Relax it is not a recipe... This is me accepting my fate and trying to make things work. You know making lemonades out of the damn bitter lemons that is my life. Like Toni Braxton said in her song let it flow, I told my self over the weekend that first thing Monday morning I was going to pack my tears away. I might as well enjoy my stay here. I don't know how long I'm gonna be here but I intend to soak up the moment for whatever its worth.

So last week in my literature class with the student we were reading Act III of An enemy of the people book where there was some drunk dude who kept on interrupting the towns meeting. You should have seen me dramatizing the drunk man walk in class and had the kids Lolling all day. Thanks to watching Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean I out did myself. And they said all this movie watching was not good for me, suck on that all you wet blankets. Dang! you should have seen me, I rocked. Riverwood here I come!

My favourite part of being a teacher includes taking away contraband goods from the girls. muhahahahaha! And I found out that if you confiscate these goods no one asks what you do with them. So I can lie that they were burnt in the incinerator but in reality, they are in my house. In my routine check up I got this book...


...by yes J.D Salinger (who did The catcher in the rye that I'm always waxing lyrical about). I was so excited I forgot to punish the student. But I think loosing your book is punishment enough. I was watching some movie where one character said something about The catcher in the rye book being the  widely accepted book for socio paths. Apparently Mark David Chapman even quoted it after killing John Lennon. Ati deranged minds identify with Holden's alienation and detachment. I just hope that doesn't imply I am deranged for identifying with some of Jerome's characters.

and oh! I also confiscated a tongue ring.



Its amazing what kids are up to these days. Too bad I don't have any authorization to remove their tattoos. I wonder how much I can get for this tongue ring in the black market right now mmmhhh??

I went to the deputy head teacher to ask for a cane for whipping their behinds for not reading up on the next chapter of An enemy of the people as I had instructed and she told me they dont beat kids any more. She recommended I try positive reinforcement as opposed to corporal punishment. Wtf is positive reinforcement? I got positive reinforcement in my purse.nkt!

This bad boy right here ...



is guaranteed to bring positive changes asap. clearly the behavioural scientists like kina Pavlov, Rousseau and B.F Skinner hadn't met our Kenyan kids. I carried a cane anyways just to scare the kids (fear is a good deterrent, i should know) and the head teacher saw it. He politely told me that told me that if I wanted to beat them, I do it at my own risk. I'm on my own and that if anything goes wrong the school can't couldn't protect me. Like a little canning is going to kill them. It's even in the bible that we should punish the rugrats but who listen to me any more? smh!The Kenyan ministry of education has taken out the fun out of being a teacher. Ati positive reinforcement ..blegh!





No comments:

Post a Comment