Sunday 23 September 2012

suits rock!!!!!

rapper Pitbull

Suits rock. No, not the TV series, I mean the one you put on your body to make you look and feel like a million bucks. suits are the ish!I do not care what nobody says. There is nothing stuffy or mainstream about suits. It is not a conspiracy by the clothing factories or fashion designers to take your money. Suits make people feel good about themselves, gives them that extra bit of confidence. When you wear a suit, more often than not you gain instant acceptance and credibility. Legal representatives are known to recommend their clients on trial to wear suits when going to court to get a favourable outcome from the members of the jury. Politicians usually wear then as it reeks of affluence and good taste.people going for interviews are also advised to wear them! Surely, this can only mean that there is something unique about these suits.

I know some say the clothes don't make a man but when it comes to the suit, I have a different opinion. God bless his cotton socks, the man who invented suits, that is. It's the best thing since the lube and yes sliced bread. When you wear perfectly tailored suits, sio zile za river road, it sends a message that you are competent and professional. It commands and projects respect in any situation. I can't tell you how many times I have had "the governor inspector moments" all because I was wearing a good suit. true story! 

I must confess, that what made me start listening to the rapper Pit bull was his perfectly tailored suit. Suddenly all his lines sound intelligent. Even if he don't promise me tomorrow but he promises me tonight, I will take it. He is welcome to put milk in my cocoa anytime.lol

I know you will all deny it but part of the reason why you all listen to Mr. Mutahi Ngunyi, that is apart from his wealth of experience in politics, is the suit. Whenever you see him ensconced in "the bench" you stop what you are doing. Personally I usually loro dho jiko if I'm cooking (loosely translated- switch off the cooker) and listen. Nowadays I look forward to his features in TV and hang on his every word. I can choose him over horoscopes and the weather forecast team any day. Forget the gypsy and her tarot cards, forget the crystal balls too, Mr. Mutahi is the man to listen to. I especially love his burgundy cravat, it makes him look so rrrr...

The only reason why I even bothered to watch the TV series white collar, how I met Your Mother and  life is because of the characters who wore suits. There is a reason why the writers decided to go with the suit, it was no accident.

The reason why our gals love naija boys and other foreigners is that boy can they wear a suit. It's all in the suit. If you do not believe me next time you go out wear a suit and see if the ladies do not cream da knickers. Suits show that you are intelligent, in control and confident. It says you mean business and suddenly everything you say somehow sound more intelligent. I shit you not! to prove that am not just making stuff up, next time go to a function with a suit and see how differently people treat you then get back to me.

I know what some of you are thinking. You must be a duffer to need a piece of clothing to give you confidence. If you think that you either do not have a perfectly tailored suit in your closet or you are ... (insert an offensive word here) Bet you didn't know what different types of suits mean to but don't worry Thomas, I will tell you and then maybe then you will go out and get one.

1. Navy- honesty
2. Tan- Elegant/open and approachable
3. Black- Authority/ power/assertiveness
4. charcoal Grey- strength/ refinement
5. Brown- stability/ security
6. burgundy- classic
7. plaid/patterned- laid back/flexible

have a good night people!


No comments:

Post a Comment