Friday 19 August 2011

My favourite love songs

I was never good in music in school. It was almost as bad as Kiswahili. I envy kids nowadays who have Art/Craft and music removed from the Primary school Syllabus in Kenya. In spite of this am able to appreciate good music: even though I still don’t understand the intricate details involved in making music .I love listening to love songs. Who doesn’t?

Below I have quoted a few of my favourite and why I can’t seem to get over them, some after many years. Those songs that take you to that good and happy place:-




1.No words to say_Tracy chapman
This reminds me of when love sneaks up on you. you are caught you unawares but you really don’t mind at all. You thrown caution to the wind and just go with it.

...This feeling I have for you Deep in my heart,
safe from the guards of intellect and reason...
Im no longer the master of my emotions...


2.Open Arms – Tracy chapman
I especially love this one for its simplicity. It doesn’t include someone making impossible promises but simply offering you open arms. And sometimes this is all you need. This girl Tracy Chapman knows how to use words.

...If love is what you want baby here iam
If its time that you need...
baby ill stop the clock.


3.You are the one – Tracy Chapman
This is perfect for when you are in love with someone who you know is wrong for you but you don't really care.People have warned you about him/her but who cares.Reminds me of this time after high school when i fell in love with a twenty eight year old guy and all hell broke.

Thats a story for another day(read blog post)


The words that best describes it is sound-proof love . You cant hear what everyone around you is saying

...think you are cute and misunderstood..
Stay as you are don’t change a thing..
I wouldn't change you if I could...
I like it when you play with me.


4.Someday – Franscesca Battistelli
It says the things I always daydream about and want to tell a guy but im too chiken to say. I guess its up there with asking a guy “where is this relationship going?”
It about the simple things you like doing with your man

...Washing cars,
watching stars,
going to the store...


5.Run away – The Corrs
This song had me at the intro. i didn’t even have to listen to the rest of the lyrics to know that I love it. It also happens to be my B.F.F's fave song back in college, he introduced me to soft rock too.

...say its true there's nothing like you and me...
am not alone tell me you feel it too and I would run away...



6. Village girl – Valerie Kimani
So beautiful, the guitar at the beginning gave me goose bumps. Its about a village girl in love with a city boy. It the stuff the scripts of the many soap operas we are subjected to in our local T.V stations every night are made of.


7. Make me better – Fabulous feat Neyo
I have always taken Fabulous to be a good bad boy. This song is sweet but it also maintains the gangsta feel. Telling a lady you love her without sounding mushy. The stutters and the bad grammar is enough to make @greatrnk have a hernia.lol. And the feminist in me especially loved the phrase

...Beside every great man you can find a woman...
( geddit beside not behind)


8. King and Queen - Richie spice feat Alison Hinds
I’ve always loved Richie spice, I only wish he smiled more in his music videos and stop being too damn serious all the time. Like in this song he doesn’t smile at his “wife and child”. It’s a good thing he’s so very talented that people over look this. The music video portrayed the black people in a positive light.No one being shot, no one selling drugs...you catch my drift. What? I didn’t throw it? O.k. i'll stop now.lol


9. He heals me - Indie Arie
I loved the way she talks about being in a relationship where you are accepted just the way you are.This is what i wish for every woman,to feel safe in a relationship and enjoy it completely.

...i have no idea how long he'll be here,
but for the first time in my life am not worried
about the future cause he’s already changed my life…
...


God I love this song.


10.Head over feet – Alanis Morissette
Remember when you fell in love with a guy the first time that you met but didnt respondas you were busy playing hard to get.Then you get tired of playing hard to get and have decided to let him know whats up. The only time I loved the phrase..Friends with benefit was in this song.lol

...you have already won me over in spite of me..
...You are my best friend,best friends with benefits...am aware now...


No comments:

Post a Comment