Friday 26 August 2011

live and let live

I attended mostly Christian schools all my life.

I hate that phrase. ..all my life...sounds like I have lived for centuries.

So any ways am inclined to justify my belief system by referring to the Bible…which to be honest I don’t read as often as I should.

...I am a bad Christian…I am in the secret service army of the Lord...no its already taken by angels...
oh well!

Growing up we were told sex before marriage was bad and if a girl got pregnant… oh boy! did they let her have it. She became the warning sign for risky behaviour.

Unakaa nje mpaka saa hii? Unataka kupata mamba kama philgona?'was what our parents said over and over and over…you get the picture!

If the they abhorred heterosexual relations before marriage, imagine what they thought of gay people. Yes it was that bad. So bad that they had rules in my school that girls should not hold hands or walk together for too long. Imagine how we used to treat the new girls in school. If they tried to touch you. You’d turn ninja immediately and jump. It was actually amusing to watch.

I wish they knew the damage this did. I mean we didn’t even know what gay means being raised in the village and all until we met them.(By them I mean the school administration)

Infact they only taught us about ma-lesi (lesbians) and gay men I learnt much later in college.

This made me so self conscious that I could not hug a chic right…i used my hand as a buffer to prevent our breasts from brushing against each other because according to me I would go to hell.

I heard talks of gay boys being beaten up in boys high school. What’s worse was when they were “ caught in the act,” the younger one lied that he was raped to absolve all guilt he had.sad if you think about it. Its bad when we discriminate against gays but when they do that to each other it must really hurt.

Funny enough lesbianism isn't as frowned upon by the society as gayism in men. This if you ask me is another sort of discrimination.Like when i googled the male symbol it was easy to find and a little extra information on gayism. When i did the same for the lesbians i got very little(Just incase you are wondering why i chose to use the male symbols and left out the female symbols) In Kenya we keep talking about the poor boychild... and now i am worried for the poor gay boychild.

... what do i know...

I mean how was I supposed to accept that gay people are normal when some of the words we use implied they aren’t. you see when I say I am straight am implying a gay person is crooked. or am I thinking too much?


Personally I think what bothers people is what some gay guy called “the yuck factor”. As in we are grossed out by the thought of people of the same sex getting it on…as if heterosexual sex aint freaky too.

I remember this one time another preacher saying we should not have oral sex as the mouth is meant for eating…
...and am thinking my “pink Cadilla “ is for peeing too and
…come on you what imean.

no offence to anyone .o.k. yes offence.

im tired and my eyelids are getting heavier...tomorrow i promise i will get to the point...

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment