Saturday 30 July 2011

woman, love yourself

Women are always told how to love their neighbours and other people but no one ever tells them how to love themselves. It’s like our parents were afraid that if they told us to love ourselves we would become selfish. Now we go through life wanting to please others and be liked by everyone at the expense of our own happiness and needs. It gets worse when we do good to others and hope that they will notice and reciprocate without having to ask or make our needs known. There women who feel guilty every time they do something nice for themselves e.g. buying a new dress but it shouldn’t be so.

There are girls walking around in baggy clothes, slouching and trying to hide their femininity. Some even going to the extent of wearing men’s clothes to try and hide their feminine side, using the excuse that they want to be taken seriously in the work place. Let your work speaks for it self, work hard and deliver and no one will really care what you’re wearing. When you wear nice clothes do it for yourself and you will be surprised by how good you feel about yourself.

I believe there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself. Do nice things for yourself every day. Take care of your hair, smell nice; wear nice clean clothes and your nails need some love too. You can know what a woman thinks of herself by the way she carries herself every day.My mother never told me this but ive seen the way she carries herself and she hasn’t let age get in her way of looking fierce.
Look at her fierce pause below.lol



I strongly recommend me-time, when you switch off your phone and just do something that you like. Watch that movie, have that long bath, bake a cake, write a poem, have a nap, get a manicure anything that helps you relax. No one can love you the way you want, only you can.

Don’t let age get in your way of looking good. One of my favourite poet is Maya Angelou who has over the years aged gracefully and to this day she still looks good don’t you think.
I leave you with one of her famous poem Phenomenal woman.

Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms


The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

2 comments:

  1. good stuff! i just spent a fortune on a pair of shoes... this is timely message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!it was supposed to encourage you to do better not break the bank.Ive created a monster!

    ReplyDelete