Thursday 20 December 2012

I so love Andrea3000- you don't understand



It's been a year since I started blogging and people still ask me how I came up with the blog name. I already said it here some time in the past but I guess there is no harm in repeating it again. I kinda stole it from one of my favourite rappee's name-  Andrea 3000. I have loved Andrea 3000 since forever.

The first time I 'met" him was when I was watching the group outkast perform "Hey Yah" and I knew he was the shit. I know this is an unusual thing to say but I used to envy his luxurious soft hair. He inspired me to finally go and get a perm so that my hair could flow like that.


I loved him even more when he sang "Ms Jackson" to apologize to Erykah Badu's mum when their relationship didn't work. If you listen to the song you can hear him dedicate it to baby's mamas' mama. Although Erykah's mum is called Kolleeen Wright, it was dedicated to her. They have a child with Erykah called Seven Soirious (don't ask). How many men do you know who will apologize to a lady's mama when they do something wrong? Yes, very few.

Anyways the song above is one of my favourite break up song featuring Andrea3000. For radio they use the word love instead of pu**y. So do not worry, you can actually request it without blushing.lol.

3 comments:

  1. I had similar sentiments when I wrote 'What's in a name'
    http://ayla-streamofconciousnesss.blogspot.com/2011/10/whats-in-name.html.

    We often get inspiration from the oddest places. Good read.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had similar sentiments when I wrote 'What's in a name'
    http://ayla-streamofconciousnesss.blogspot.com/2011/10/whats-in-name.html.

    We often get inspiration from the oddest places. Good read.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. chick c ur deep! Loved how you got your blog name. I wish I could get my hands on that book! I think any names we create for ourselves is ok as long as it makes sense to us and our close friends. Like how rock bands like hoobastank, mercy me and six pence none the richer got their names. Its actually a great ice-breaker for conversation!

    ReplyDelete