Sunday 30 December 2012

Books on relationships

There is nothing more annoying than meeting a lady who has gone through enough men to make up not one, but two rugby team but still hasn't learnt a thing about men. I think if you are a lady above 24 or cleared college you should have figured out men enough to be able to weed out the douche bags and save your little heart some pain. If you are past your mid twenties and you still have men playing with your heart then please slap yourself so that I don't have to.

It's even more tragic when a lady is a single mother and has shite taste in men. She has had men lying and laying on her and now she got them lying to your kids too. It drives me bats to see kids paying for their besotted mothers' mistakes. Like in that movie- whose names escape me now- where a character said that its sad how we need a license to drive, fish but not to be parents. Mothers literally get away with murder sometimes. And am not talking about the physically death. Its when the kids grow up the cycle of dysfunctional relationships begins all over again.

Now in the spirit of beginning a new year on a clean slate by beginning to change our lives for better I have put up a few books to give women a few pointers on how to invest in healthy relationships. I'll admit like ayla have never cared much for self-help books because I do not like to be told what to do... you know... seeing as there is my way and the wrong way. But these books really are eye opening. I have read the first two and glazed over the last two. They share quite a number of themes, most of which should be common sense but it doesn't hurt to be reminded once in a while.

(NB- Please read the books with a grain of salt and use your wisdom to take only that which will help you. The authors are from a different geographical zone from us Kenyans, different cultures, beliefs etc. Some of the advice may go against what some of you believe. e.g sex before marriage, how to dress attractively(sexy means different things to different people. etc)

 I read this book this week and it left me in stitches. The author is really funny and doesn't come off as being too preachy. I promise you wont be disappointed. Even if you think you do not need relationship advice just read it for entertainment.


I read this book back in college and it saved me a lot of drama. It gives advice and examples of mistakes that women make and questions that females ask. It is also entertaining to boot!


 This book shows people how men and women are wired differently with different emotional needs. It teaches the different sexes how to relate to one another and have healthy relationships.



Hope you have watched the movie with the same title- if only to stare at the lovely Michael Ealy.lol

2 comments:

  1. Jaber, my sister, I will definitely try these because you promised they aren't preachy and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just have an open mind. they are really eye opening.

    ReplyDelete