Saturday 25 February 2012

The most beautiful sad songs

There I was cleaning, the kitchen and tryna colour coordinate the cups #OCDalert! Then BAM! I fell down bum first on the floor. My elbow which I was trying to use to stop from falling dug into the door handle! Now my head, shoulder knees and toes hurt..sob…

I got this awesome swelling on my elbow and my sister tells me its some fluid which I need to ‘rwayo’( I don’t know the English word for this) for it to drain away. I then went into my head(JD style-remember SCRUBS?) when she whipped out some medical terms!

So I thought maybe I should go and stalk people on the internet and what do I find? My kid sister messed with the computer settings while she was watching movies and its friggin bright my eyes hurt and I don’t know how to reverse it…breathe Vicky..breathe Vicky…

My phone is dying and I haven’t got the chums to buy a new one seeing as I am now between jobs (read unemployed) *hint- I need donations.lol. I tried “flashing” it and now I don’t have peoples phone numbers and I have to keep on asking them who they are when they call.nkt!

I then decided to compile my favorite sad songs to help me wallow in self pity, seeing as my day is already jinxed. They are awesome songs and would make you dance on a good day but when you are having a crappy day like mine then they can make you cry buckets!

You know those songs you want to listen to when you just want to be miserable and go through a bad time in your life and deal with it once and for all instead of keeping everything inside.

Sometimes things are not getting better. Sometimes you do not want to dust your self then get back on the stupid horse. Maybe I want to stay in the dirt and inhale the friggin dust and die already. Maybe sometimes the stupid horse is a darn pony which doesn’t support your weight. Sometimes that horse is a stubborn old mule than keeps dropping you down no matter how hard you try to control it. Sometimes the stupid horse is a wild horse which doesn’t want to be tamed.

Sometimes they tell you to leave your fish as there are very many fish in the ocean. What if you do not want another fish, you just that one omena which keeps jumping out of your net. What if the hyacinth has chocked all the other fishes (fish , fishes.. who cares!).

Sometimes you’re tired of being strong and just wanna fall down and cry, no not cry but wail and fight the demons that have held you captive for too long. You want to break down and really feel the pain.
Ok let me save the bad poetry for my poetry blog..sigh! Below are the sad songs with emotional lyrics check them out and thank me later.

Stupid – Toni Braxton

I first heard this song in a Tyler Perry movie. It was at some scene where some lady was crying and it made me want to cry too

…I feel so stupid

Baby gone – Asa

This song is like the most saddest beautiful song ever. When the person you want went away and you wish they could come back

…I wish I could be more for you..
Woiyshe!!!!!

Good man – India Arie

In the lyrics is about a man preparing his wife on what to say to his children if he dies. Reminds me of the soldiers in Somalia

..when the sun comes up and am not home..be strong…

What can I do – The corrs


Imagine someone feeling this way:

..what can I do to make you stay…

Si its too sad??

Where you at – Jenifer Hudson


I never paid this song much attention, when I did it really touched me. It’s so sad but her voice is so beautiful. Reminds me of how I thought this person had my back just coz I had his back. I listened to him and encouraged him when he lost his job till he found another one. When it came for my time he bailed coz he thought he will have to support me, boy did it hurt like a mf. I was so sure he got my back..sigh…

...Thought you were my hero…you were no-show…

Why don’t you love me _Beyonce


..why don’t you love me when I make it so easy to love…

Just watch the video and see what I mean

Coming home – Sauti sol


Watch the video- its reeks of Romeo and Juliet all over again!

Whisky lullaby – Brad paisley feat Alison Kraus


You don’t have to be a country music fan to love this song. The video will make you cry buckets...I know I did.

Easy – Natasha Bedingfield feat Rascal flatts

You have broken up with someone and it hurts like a mf but you are pretending to be happy. Like those chiqs who get dumped then they keep updating statuses to make the ex (who does care anymore) jealous- so sad

Don’t leave me – Pink


I loooove pink she is so raw. She says stuff in her song that should be left in the diary! But she awesome all the same, watch the video- so sad and crazy.

Family potriat

Still by pink. Love how she was able to show how kids of broken homes normally feel

..i will go to bed at night, I won’t spill milk at dinner, I will be good…

Held – Natalie Grant and (In better hands now)


I can never listen to these songs without crying. Reminds me of my pal who passed away (nd my other pal who lost her baby who was only two months old). I saw her phone number on my notebook and im too afraid to erase it, (remember that season of CSI NY where some dude is afraid of throwing away a beach ball coz it had his late wife’s breathe in it). I thought I was crazy for not wanting to get rid of it. I think if I erase it means that I have let go…and I don’t want to.

Someone like you – Adele

Tell me you haven’t sang this song in the bathroom kwa soap! So sad yet so beautiful

Time of the month – Angie stone


Ladies will feel this song more

..my feet are hurting, my back is hurting..

Understand – Joss stone


Its about someone you love but can’t seem to be together for some reason or another and you want to assure them that you do.

..please understand that I won’t always be there when you call…

Why does it hurt – Whitney

You think you have made the right decision but you can understand why it hurts though!

..why does it hurt so bad…

Now that Whitney passed on, it hurts even more listening to it.

Mulika mwizi – Sanaipei feat kidum


This song is effing awesome, dunno why they are not giving it the recognition it deserves in our local radio stations.

What hurts the most – Rascal flatts

You gotta watch the video man. Its painful o

Superwoman – karyn white


..am not your superwoman…am not the kind of girl that you can let down and think that everything is alright.

Heather Headley – I wish I wasn’t

You wish you wasn’t in love with mr.wrong buy you are..hanky anyone???

I cry out- Barlow girl


…I waited for you.. but you didn’t show…

I love the story behind this song, how the girls visited some country which had undergone some war and found some writings on an abandoned house that touched their lives and they added them to the lyrics of the song.

Stole - Kelly Rowland

....She coulda been a movie star
Never got the chance to go that far
Her life was stole, oh
Now we'll never know...

Bob Marley - Redemption song

...Old pirates, yes, they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Give I a hanky, mon.
Me wants to cry...

The acoustics will bring tears to even the strongest persons eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment