Wednesday 14 December 2011

would you please stop trying to be my friend already?

A friend(noun)- is someone who you know, like and trust.

I have just read this story where this rich woman saw some poor kid playing with a worn out toy car and decided to buy him a new one. He was so happy that the woman felt compelled to buy him lots of toy cars. During the next visit, she found him playing with his worn out car again. When she asked him why he didn't want to play with the other new once, he simply said,"I don't know how to love a lot of things". Well tonight ladies and gentlemen i admit that I, like the small boy , don't know how to love a lot of things. But for the purposes of this blog, make it i don't know how to love a lot of people. I know my pastor will cringe when he hears me say this.

Its like there is this new wave that is making people feel the need to be friends. your boss wants to be your friend and hang out at the bar, your mother wants to be your friend to share secrets and moshene, your wife wants to be your friend so that you can go shopping together, Your Ex wants to be friends(wtf?), your boyfriend wants to play PS with you and watch football together while you'd rather go watch paint dry or lick your elbows.I have had it up to here(points neck) with that bs.

Personally i think six close friends are enough, you don't have to go around making friends all over the place. Your only obligation to mankind is to be civil to each other and love one another which i think you can do wherever you are. I love Andrea3000 but do you see me going on twitter tryna be his friend? NO!

Women especially are guilty of this.


Always wanting to exchange phone numbers so as to continue friendships. I have so many phone numbers on my phone than i don't know what to do with. Last weekend i was in Kisumu and i hang out with great people, when it came time to leave...yes, the phone numbers ritual started. Now i get phone calls from people who i have nothing in common and have to go through torture as i try to make conversation on the phone. Because apart from the function that brought us together we really don't have anything else to talk about. Now for the love( of anything sacred) please stop trying to be everybody's friend. no, seriously stop!

Now if i have to go through another awkward phone call again and pretend i care am going to kill myself.gawd!

No comments:

Post a Comment