Wednesday 30 November 2011

choose your battles

David asked the men who were near him, “what will the man get who kills this philistine and frees Israel from this disgrace?

He turned to another man and asked him the same question, and every time he asked, he got the same answer.
-Samuel 17:26, 30

I am the first born in a family of five. If you are a first born like me, you know all the pressures of being a first born. When we were younger we were assigned chores but the funniest thing is that if none of them was done I got the ass whooping. As a first born I was required to lead people into doing house works. My parents forgot I was a child too(not a short adult) and being made to lead was too much pressure on my young body. This meant that I had no time to be a kid (explains why I am currently suffering from late-adolescence.)

I can’t tell you how many times I fought with the kids to get them to do stuff. I could argue with them and end up doing the work. Until some dude laid on some information on me-How come you bother complaining and you are going to do it yourself. Why don’t you just go straight to doing it finish and go on to the next. Just choose your battles. It was one of the best lessons I learnt in life. It saved me a lot of energy and breath. I started doing house chores alone without asking for help to this date. I don’t care who is in the house. I just do it. If anyone cares to do work they do it if they don’t want to its o.k. too. Good thing I no longer get mini-heart attacks over trivial stuff.

In life you have to choose your battles. Not everything is meant to be fought. You just need to let some things slide. Someone told me to act a fool sometimes. Remember in RUSH HOUR when Jackie Chan said sometimes its good to be quiet to know just how full of BS some people are.lol. Like David always ask your self “what will I get from doing this”, if there’s no pay-off don’t bother.

Some battles are fought by silence; we all just need to learn to STFU. In the bible it says

…in silence so is my strength…


Let people think you are weak for doing nothing but secretly a war is being won.

I have to come to a point in my life if anyone calls and start beefing with me over the phone I just hang up. If I get bad texts I don’t answer back, it’s just not worth my time or my airtime. Most of this people don’t have the guts to tell you face to face they hide behind the phones. Remember the sulking story I told you in the previous blog? That guy won even without going to marriage counseling.

This week just learn to choose your battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment