Wednesday 19 October 2011

are you a vampire?

Still on vampires…their reputation as repugnant “dead creatures” have over the years changed. They have become something of fascination in the 21st century. They have evolved to super hero status overshadowing mummies, zombies, Dracula, werewolves etc.

Vampires have inspires movies and TV series like Trueblood, the twilight series, gates, vampire diaries, vampires assistant, blade etc.

My personal favourite is Trueblood.


Why I like it? It humanizes vampires such that they don’t come out as vile creatures. I am currently watching season three and so stoked for season four (I know what I want for Christmas*hint, hint*).

The story revolves around Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) a human in love with a vampire - Bill Compton(Stephen Moyer). It doesn’t hurt that Sookie is beautiful with a nice gap in her teeth and nice tushy. Rumour has it that she is bi(am not implying anything here). Bill is also easy on the eye. I mean who doesn’t want to do “bad things” to him? and the two characters are married in real lfe too...aaawww. Theres a character called Kenya n TrueBlood and am Kenyan so hey...

The series is based on the books ‘The sookie Stackhouse mysteries’ by charlaine Harris.

The movie had me at the theme song at the beginning : Bad things by Jace Everett.


…When you came in the air went out, and every shadow filled up with doubt,
I don’t know who you think you are but before the night is through I wanna do bad things to you…

-you can check out the video.

The images at the beginning are a bit disturbing though. I get the feeling as if they are mocking Christianity but maybe its all in my head..i dunno. I also hate that they have introduced other creatures like werewolves, shape shifters, witches,, fairies, (sookie having super powers?)...but they don’t take the thunder from the vampires though. Have to warn all the prudes that there’s a lot of SNL in season three so make sure there are no kids around. The “relations” which are not of the straight persuasions are many here so if you are conservative don’t even bother watching.

There’s a lot of humour too e.g. Bill is being served blood and the host describes the blood as – chilled carbonated blood, cruelty free, willingly donated- as if it should make him feel better. Its sorta like how they write on some products –not tasted on animals for the benefit of the animal rights activists and our conscience. (personally i think if they don’t test it on animals they are testing it on me) read “what you don’t know may kill you” on mademoisellerogue.blogspot.com and see what I mean.

…Not now dufus! later! am still talking here.smh
So in my search for vampire info I came across a group of people who are convinced they are vampires. They even have parties where they drink each others blood ( and you thought I lost my marbles)

There’s even a list of questions to know if you are a vampire.(if I didnt know any better I would think I was a vampire. haha.

You can also do the vampire test too.

1. Are you sensitive to light/sunshine?
Am shortsighted and can’t see a thing without my tinted glasses

2. Are you good looking and freakishly handsome?
Check my avi. need I say more!

3. Do you hate garlic?
I ain’t particularly thrilled by garlic in my food.

4. Is your night vision better than your day?
Notice all my blogs are updated are after midnight.

5. Do you have trouble sleeping and are a night person?
See point four.

6. Can’t take photos or dislike the mirror?
Am not crazy about photos or mirrors. See profle pic.

7. Cannot enter a house unless invited?
Am well mannered. does that count?

8. Can you get others to do stuff through mind control?
You are reading my blog aren’t you?

9. Do you inspire fear in others?
Admit it, I scare the isht out of you.don i?

10. Do you have heightened sense of hearing?
I always know when my nephew is in trouble even if hes nextdoor.

11. Are you strong without gong to the gym?
Check out my guns gggrrrlll!

12. Are you cold to touch?
Have sweaty palms, does that count?

13. Are you uncomfortable sleeping in new environment?
Ive never left my village, except maybe when I went to college.

14. Do you love eating/drinking blood?
I loved mutura until I read Genesis9:4 and had to stop.

15. Do you have trouble crossing running water?
Am afraid of heights and especially bridges.

16. Do you live in a dimly lit house and love the dark
Am not afraid of the dark: my bedsheets are black btw.

17. Can you die if stacked, burned, decapitated?
Duh!

18. Do you hate silver?
Got nothing against silver but me thinks gold and diamond are a girls best friend

See am no vampire.lol. now you try it…

No comments:

Post a Comment