Wednesday 6 July 2011

women and money


I read somewhere today that women spend the first 20 something years of their lives preparing for and waiting for Mr. Right. They want to know what men want and do anything to get attention their.

When they do finally find Mr. Right they are willing to quit jobs and follow prince charming to the next town to pursue his career. If the man does not like their job they’ll drop it like a bad habit and look for another one right quick.

They read magazines on ways how to please men, watch talk shows, exchange info with their girls on how to deal with men and pass them on to their children. They are willing to risk it all for the man of their dreams with no hesitation or reservation.

I know by now you are probably wondering where I’m going with all this but not to worry because ill soon get to the point


Now the most interesting thing is they are not willing to do the same for their finances. They don’t want to try that new business, they don’t want to change jobs or buy those shares etc when they’re single which I find quite unusual. Rarely have I sat down with a group of single ladies and talked about finances

maybe I need to change friends. lol


Its always he did, he said blah blah blah…like its obscene for a woman to talk about money. If anything majority are walking around with this entitlement feeling: my husband/boyfriend/sugar daddy/father...is supposed to take care of me after all I’m a woman. So they trust their financial future to some man who sometimes they haven’t even found yet.

Yeah I know its appalling but it’s the reality.

If you look at statistics most marriages end up in divorce

it does not please me to say so

and sadly most of the time the woman is left penniless or has to lower their quality of life. Another thing 80% of women outlive their spouses meaning they need to invest more for their sunset years...

explains why men are so extravagant

...than their male counter part.

Mothers are the primary care givers they spend more time with the children so you would think they would pass on knowledge about finances to the kids but sadly they don’t.

As I’m writing this I have no investment to my name and prolly need this information more than you who is reading this. There’s so much information about money going around if only women could open their eyes. So I have purposed in my heart to read about finances/money daily and try to stay awake during BUSINESS WEEKLY ama MONEY MATTERS.

Its actually amusing how we watch sensational news with my girls and when business news comes on we mute the telly and gossip na if anybody asks ..HAKUNA NEWS KWA TV. Drives my brother crazy sometimes when we do that to him.

My mentor/Referee had tried to initiate me in to the world of investing and now I honestly understand his frustration. But all this is about to change because im going to make money...Im not going to inherit it or marry in to it...

although it would be nice

...am going to make it.

Yeah I said it(watch this space).

4 comments: