Tuesday 12 July 2011

I love men

This post has been inspired by the #iloveaboy topic that’s trending on twitter today. It made me think about men .

I love men, I really do. I think I have known that since I was seven. I’m told by my aunties that in class three I had a “boyfriend”(lets call him X) who I used to quote every time. I could say stuff and when asked how I knew that I would simply say x said so .I can’t remember his name now though!

I love how I get nervous around a boy I like. I can't seem to control my rogue heart... How I believe everything he says and hang on his every word.


Like when he says I have nice eyes even though I wear glasses and have bugs (not Louis vuitton) under my eyes.lol. Somehow when he says it, it sounds true. Like how I cant sleep before talking to him or when I stay by the phone hoping he would call or keep on checking my phone to see if he has sent me a text. Or how I feel homicidal when I see him talking to another chic. Or how I get pissed when he goes out with the boys and eat in to our we-time.

I love my men natural, simple (not simplicity of the mind though),who puts me in my place because sometimes I can get out of line just to test the boundaries. I like my men in official attire but a simple jeans and T-shirt during the weekend. None of the flags these boys be wearing these days. The only bling he should have is his watch and maybe a wedding ring later.

Things have changed though, since X. Men these days are liberal with their dressing and mannerisms. Some even confess to putting on a lil make up to hide a few flaws. Some have over bearing colognes that if he leaves the room and you come in you will know he was there. Men are now wearing lots of jewelry and keeping long hair so much so that my mum made me swear never to bring home a man who has hair longer than mine(the things I do for love)

Somehow our differences are not being celebrated,but there quickly being mashed up to gether and the lines are becoming a bit blurry .The way I see , its like the world is hell bent on turning men into women. Not only in appearance but also in behavior. Now men are being told to be in touch with their feminine side(what does that even mean) and let it all out. Personally I have never seen by brother or dad cry even my male friends too (I don’t know what ill do if they ever do).

Nowadays its ok for them to go into the kitchen and cook. do laundry, carry the baby...again I have never seen this happen in my family, so don’t take it badly if you find me cooking for my male pals because I feel odd just seated in the living area and be waited upon by a man. (Maybe its coz I don’t trust them to cook well and you know how medical cover siku hizi iko wasi wasi) .Unless of course its made in my absence.

I miss how men used to be kitambo. Strong,hairy chests,yellow teeth and smelling of sweat(I hear that ish has pheromones to attract females)LOL. How they were pillars of strength , t hat no matter what happened and a man was around you felt safe.
On the other side the modern man is more approachable and accommodating, He is not afraid to show weakness and accepts that he is human,I swear sometimes I thought my father was God coz of the way he withstood pain and went through life fearless or so I thought.Maybe one day I learn to embrace the modern metrosexual man and his queer ways. Until then…

2 comments:

  1. So you like your boys in suits, good to know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. on a cold day...lol.but yeah you get mt drift!

    ReplyDelete